FAQ's for Geneo Live Class Program
- What is the Geneo Live Program?
Ans: The Geneo Live Program is an initiative of Geneo in which live classes are conducted online. Both learn and revision sessions for Class 6 to 10 students of CBSE schools are being conducted through this program. The platform allows students to register and benefit from these live teacher-led sessions on topics/ hard-spots in Science, Mathematics, English and Social Science followed by doubt clarification.
- Can I attend Geneo Live Sessions without subscribing to the Geneo learning platform? Are there any hidden charges for Geneo Live Registration?
Ans: No. Students can access Geneo Live Sessions by registering into the Geneo learning platform. Students can register for Geneo Live Sessions at free of cost and there are no hidden charges applicable.
- Which subjects are taught during Geneo Live Sessions?
Ans: Geneo Live sessions for Science, Mathematics, English and Social Science are being covered for classes 6 to 10.
- Can I request the Geneo Live team to take a session on a topic?
Ans: Students can suggest topics from classes 6 to 10 for Science, Mathematics, English, and Social Science from the CBSE syllabus, by writing a mail to email@example.com. Geneo team will try to arrange a class on the topic within 15 working days.
- How are the sessions scheduled?
Ans: The sessions are scheduled based on the curriculum being followed in CBSE schools. Hard spots in certain topics are explained, revision sessions are conducted, and questions related to the topics are answered. The Schedule can be accessed on Geneo Live Page (Click here). They are also available at Geneo Insta and Facebook Pages.
- Where can I see the Geneo Live Session schedule?
Ans. The Geneo Live session schedule can be accessed from the Geneo Live Page https://www.geneo.in/lp/live-classes/ or from the Student Dashboard. You can also stay updated with the daily session schedule by following the Geneo Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/geneo.in/) and the Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/geneo.in/
- How to register for the Geneo Live Program?
Ans. New users can register for the Geneo Live Program via this link https://www.geneo.in/lp/live-classes/. Existing Geneo users/students can log in to their Geneo account from https://student.geneo.in/geneo_live/student_login.aspx and directly access the Geneo Live sessions by clicking the Join Live Class button on the screen.
- How can I access Geneo Live Sessions?
Ans: Once students register to the program, they can access the Geneo Live portal, where they can access the session schedule and click ‘register’ against the session they want to access. The deadline to register for a particular session is upto 15 minutes before its start time.
- Is Geneo Live Program registration different from Geneo Live Session registration?
Ans: Yes, once students register to the program, they can access the Geneo Live student dashboard and the session schedule; however, students can join a session only if they click ‘register’ against the session they want to attend.
Students can register for a session as soon as the schedule appears on the dashboard. The deadline to register for a particular session is upto 15 minutes before its start time.
- Will I receive any confirmation mail once I register for a Session?
Ans: Yes, as soon as a student registers for a particular session a confirmation mail is sent to their registered email ID.
- What if I get late to join a session?
Ans. If you have registered for a session you can access the session at anytime after the session starts
- Can I attend a session for any class?
Ans. Students can access sessions for only the class they have selected during the registration process.
- What is the medium of instruction for the Geneo Live Sessions?
Ans. The medium of instruction for most of the sessions is English with a few in Hindi. However, the mentor can explain some points in Hindi where students face difficulty.
- Can I ask questions and clarify doubts during the session?
Ans. Yes, students can type their questions in the Q&A window that appears on the Live screen.
- Can I get the recordings of the session?
Ans. If you have registered for a session, its recording will be available on the student dashboard, in addition few of our high-quality important sessions are uploaded on youtube.
- Can the sessions be downloaded?
Ans. No, the sessions cannot be downloaded.
- Am I supposed to download any application?
Ans. Students are required to have ‘Zoom’ software downloaded on the device to join the live classes. If you already have the software downloaded, student can directly join the class by clicking ‘Join Live Class’ button. In order to understand & follow the steps to download and join the live classes, please refer to the helper document that is available in the Geneo Live application. (Link)
- Which devices are compatible for accessing Geneo Live Sessions?
Ans. Students can use any devices such as Mobile, Laptop, Desktop (iOS/Windows/Linux) for accessing Geneo Live Sessions.
- Can the Geneo Live Sessions be accessed offline?
Ans. No, accessing the Geneo Live Sessions requires Internet connection. The recommended bandwidth for attendees is 50-150kbps (download speed).